As finding housing in Aarhus can be both difficult and time consuming, especially if you do not speak Danish and cannot arrive in Aarhus well before your studies start, Aarhus University offers a housing service for new exchange students and freemovers.
We recommend that you apply for housing at AU Housing and at the same time look for other options, for instance studenthousingaarhus.com. The earlier you start looking for housing, the easier it will be to find a room. If you apply for housing via AU Housing and we cannot offer you a room, we will contact you no later than 15 December.
Conditions of the AU Housing service:
- you must have been accepted as an exchange student or freemover at AU
- your present accommodation is outside Denmark and you have not lived in Denmark for more than 3 months previously
- you can submit your application 01 March-01 April (autumn term) and 01 September-01 October (spring term)
- you must submit your housing application along with your application for admission to AU (it is not possible to submit a housing application separately)
- you must accept the terms and conditions of AU Housing
- a booking fee of 600 DKK will be charged when accepting a housing offer from AU Housing
- you must be able to pay the first month's rent with a credit or debit card when you accept the housing offer
- you must accept, that you cannot choose a specific location for your accommodation and that you will not be offered on-campus accommodation.
Advantages of the AU Housing service:
- Easy application process integrated with the admission procedure
- Handling of your housing contract
- Handling of contact & payment to utility providers (heating, water, electricity)
- Secure and easy payment of rent and deposit
- Internet included
- Furniture included
- Elaborate information about your lease in English
- AU Housing service and guidance throughout your stay