When you visit our website, information is gathered about you in order to optimise the user experience of the website. Cookies will be set in order to discover any irregularities on the website, such as dead links and accessibility errors. In addition, cookies are set from third-party services, such as YouTube, Siteimprove, ClickDimensions and Google, and from DoubleClick and Facebook, in connection with advertising. Cookies mostly collect anonymous data, but IP addresses, which are personally identifiable data, are also collected.
If you do not wish this information to be collected, you should delete your cookies (see instructions) and make no further use of the website. Below are more details of which information is collected, its purpose and which third parties have access to it.
The website uses “cookies”, which are text files stored on your computer, mobile or similar device for the purpose of recognising the device, remembering settings, collecting statistics and targeting ads. Cookies cannot contain malicious code such as virus.
It is possible to delete or block cookies. See the guide: https://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/clear-cookies-installed.html
If you delete or block cookies, the website may not function optimally and there may be content that you cannot access.
The lifetime of cookies may vary. Some cookies disappear as soon as you close the browser window (session cookies), while others may exist for several years (persistent cookies). Note that cookies are renewed at each visit. The information that is collected is stored for the period permitted by law, and we will delete the information when it is no longer needed. The storage period depends on the nature of the information and the reason for storing it. It is therefore not possible to state a general time frame for when information is deleted.
On this website, cookies are used for:
Technical functionality, so that we can remember your preferences, for example, whether you have accepted cookies or not.
- Traffic measurement and visitor statistics, which we primarily use to improve the website’s content and navigation. We use our own cookies, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and Siteimprove, and, periodically, questionnaires and Usabilla, to get input on the use of au.dk. Both session cookies and persistent cookies are set. Anonymous information is registered, such as for how long you visit the website, which pages you view, whether your computer has visited us before, which website you came from, and which browser and operating system you use. In certain cases, personally identifiable data is also stored, namely your IP address, but this is switched off when possible.
- Behaviour-based individually targeted advertising, so that we can display the ads that we assume are most relevant for you. An example is banner advertising on other websites. For this we use DoubleClick and Facebook. Both session cookies and persistent cookies with an expiration of up to two years are set. Information is registred about how long you visit the website, which pages you view and which elements you interact with. The purpose is to collect information about behaviour on the site to better target and segment advertising.
- Display of content from social media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Both session cookies and persistent cookies with an expiration of up to two yeares are set. Anonymous information, such as which page you visited, is registered. In certain cases, personally identifiable data is also stored, namely your IP address, but this is switched off when possible. If you are logged into one of the services during your visits, it is possible for them to combine this data with your profile.
- In connection with Aarhus University’s CRM-system cookies are set from ClickDimensions. A persistent cookie is set to identify unique visitors. This cookie expires after two years. Furthermore two session cookies are set, which expires after 30 minutes. ClickDimension registers how long you visit the website, which pages you view, whether your computer has visited us before, which website you came from, and which browser and operating system you use. The purpose of the collected data is to target and segment advertising to individuals.
- We also use third-party services for various functionalities:
- Video playback: YouTube, Vimeo and Kaltura. Both session cookies and persistent cookies are set. Saves the user’s preferences for embedded videos.
- Maps: Google Maps. Saves the user’s preferences and information when the user views pages with embedded content from Google Maps.
- Calendar functionality: Gecko. Both session cookies and persistent cookies are set. Anonymous information, such as the website you came from and whether you are logged in, is registered.
We have taken technical and organisational measures to protect your data from accidental or unlawful deletion, publication, loss, impairment or disclosure to third parties, misuse or other processing in conflict with legislation.
The website is owned and published by:
Nordre Ringgade 1
DK-8000 Aarhus C
Tel. no.: (+45) 87 15 00 00