Aarhus University Seal

Accommodation for couples

Students arriving with their partner and/or children have different housing options.

  • You can apply for a one-bedroom apartment via AU Housing. AU Housing disposes of a few of these apartments and you can read more here (TYPE 6). When you fill in your housing application, you need to write that you apply for housing for a couple/family. Be aware that the apartments are very small (30-45 m2) and not suitable for families with older children. As the demand exceeds the number of available apartments, you should at the same time start looking for other options as well, see below. Deadlines for application: 1 May (autumn semester), 1 October (spring semester.)
  • If both you and your partner are admitted as new students at AU, you can apply for two single rooms in an apartment (type 4) (both of you need to send in an application).
  • Be aware that AU Housing doesn't have any double rooms and that it is not allowed to live two persons in a single room. Therefore, couples must apply for an apartment (type 6) or two single rooms (type 4.)

How to apply

Different student categories have different housing application procedures. Find your category here, and read more about your housing application procedure.

Other options