Aarhus University’s vision is to be a research-intensive university that aspires to the highest international quality and excels in creating value through knowledge, new insights and collaboration, in addition to facilitating connections between Denmark and the world. Aarhus University’s vision for 2025 will be realised through a focus on seven strategic commitments:
- Generating knowledge and research breakthroughs through free, independent research of the highest international quality
- Research-based degree programmes of the highest international quality
- Performing impartial public sector consultancy services of the highest international quality
- Encouraging the university’s students, graduates and researchers to bring their knowledge into play in order to shape the society of the future
- Contributing to international collaboration, global engagement and the solution of major societal challenges through interdisciplinary research collaboration
- Generating innovation in established public and private sector companies and startups through collaboration, both internally and with external partners
- Intensifying the exchange of talents and knowledge, locally, nationally and globally.
Aarhus University’s Strategy 2020-2025 was adopted on 13 December 2019 by the Aarhus University Board.